It’s the Fourth of July.
You know what that means, right?
Fireworks, barbeque, and alcohol, beaches full of people, traffic and the like….if you go in for that kind of stuff.
Me? I’ll be reading. I have a Kindle full of awesome stuff and nary a moment to chill with it. But, I’ve set aside today to read and read and read (okay, I’ll probably break for a martini later but…)
If you’re perchance looking for a funny read about men, women, and oh…sex, check out THE MANCODE: EXPOSED, my bestselling second book of essays on Amazon. (A WALK IN THE SNARK is my first bestselling book. Not free but lots of people love it!)
Yep. Just click and download.
I do ask for one tiny thing in return: please TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW they can pick up a funny, bestselling book totally and completely free through Friday. That’s not too much to ask, is it?
You can even tell your cat. Cats love me.
And…the best part? Wait for it. NO Kindle required to download books from Amazon. Did you know that? They have free apps for any computer, smartphone, or tablet, or cloud.
Lots of people don’t know that! Even if you have a Nook, you can download the free Kindle app and get free books. I promise, your Nook will not blow up. If it does, come find me….
I’ll be the redhead reading in the corner, lost in my Kindle.
P.S.: I’m asked frequently What are you reading? My latest favorites:
- Gabe Berman’s Live Like A Fruit Fly: The Secret You Already Know (I’ve already read it once…am rereading now. Terrific book.)
- Choices (Book Two of the Guardian Trilogy) by Liz Schulte. The first book, Secrets, was fabulous. I’m so glad Book Two is out and it’s an outstanding paranormal romance without any vampires or zombies. (For the record, I’m Team Holden.)
- How to Market a Book by Lori Culwell and Katherine Sears. A great, helpful, informative book every writer needs in their back pocket er, Kindle. Well, ya know.
- Sandcastle and Other Stories by Justin Bog. Amazing collection, each story is a jewel. Read once, then go back and read again. I see this collection winning awards.
- In One Person by John Irving. How did I not know this came out? I’m a diehard Irving fan. Garp is one of my all-time fav books, ever. I also downloaded Trying to Save Piggy Sneed as well. Truthfully, I love all his work, even if it’s not perfect; his character studies are stunning.
That’s it for now. But just so you know, I’ve got these fab folks in my TBR pile: Lorca Damon, Jane Isaac, Chelsea Fine, Ann Charles, Amber Norrgard, Charity Parkerson, R.B. Wood, Toby Neal, Ryne Douglas Pearson, Mohana Lakshmi, & oh man, so many more amazing authors!
Thanks in advance for spreading the word, downloading my book, and perhaps even a review if you’re so inclined (statistics suggest only 1 in 1,000 people will write a review). And be sure to check out all the amazing authors I mentioned.
NO guilt or pressure though.
It’s a freakin’ holiday, right?