What is a street team?
A street team is a group of fans that band together to support an artist, author, band, or other such products. Street teams offer a way for authors to connect with their readers and work together to spread the love of books.
What’s in it for readers?
This street team is a way for me to give back to my readers. As a member, you will join the online Facebook group and help spread the word about my books. In return, you will receive:
- A special welcome pack with surprises for you to keep and to share with other readers.
- A Facebook members only group for open discussions on the books, indie publishing, marketing, and anything else you would like to talk about.
- Special missions including a drawing for members only if you complete the mission. The prizes will include things like signed books, tote bags, mugs, and t-shirts.
- Insider information about my works in progress, publishing/social media tips, and other cool info.
- If you have a blog, you will get first pick for my blog tours/giveaways/special events.
- Exclusive newsletter access.
- Special reader interviews featured on my Facebook account.
- And more!
Ways Street Team members can participate:
All missions are optional, these are some suggestions on ways you can help me spread the word about my books!
- Join the Facebook group and get to know me and your other teammates.
- Join in on #MondayBlogs on Twitter and share your reviews of any of my books.
- Invite other readers to join our team.
- Talk the books up on social media when you feel inspired – Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr etc.
- Run contests on your blog.
- Spread the word to family and friends about my books.
- Take promotional materials to local writers groups, coffee shops, conventions, etc.
- Suggest one of my books to a book club in your area.
- Recommend my books to your local library.
- Talk the books up at your local indie store.
- Post flyers in places like school news boards, coffee shops, grocery stores, etc.
- Post honest reviews on any site like Amazon, B&N, Goodreads, etc.
- Add my books to your Goodreads lists.
- If you have a blog, join in on launch days and cover reveals.
- Post about author news such as awards, appearances, etc.
Why “The Bad Redheads”? What if I’m not a redhead?
Because redheads rock! (but even if you are not a redhead, you can still join in.)
If you are interested:
Join the NEW @RachelintheOC #StreetTeam: http://ow.ly/OCB6301dTko Please fill out this form and we’ll add you. Space is limited!