Broken Pieces is an award winning book about relationships, a study of women, and a book with heart. Vastly different in tone from her previous essay collections A Walk In The Snark and The Mancode: Exposed, Broken Pieces is a collection of pieces inspired by life: love, loss, abuse, trust, grief, and ultimately, love again. While still non-fiction, best-selling Broken Pieces is not humor at all. In Thompson’s most intensive work to date, she opens her soul and invites the reader in for a visit. Thompson goes into those long buried rooms we lock up deep inside and shares a bit of her soul. Broken Pieces is vulnerable, raw honesty, and no-holds barred.
- 2014 Kindle Book Award Non-Fiction Finalist
- 2013 eBook Cover Design Award Gold Star Winner
- 2013 San Francisco Book Festival Honorable Mention
- 2013 Global eBook Award Women Studies Non-Fiction Gold Medal Winner
- 2013 eFestival of Words Best Non-Fiction (General) Winner and Best Literary Fiction Runner Up
- 2013 Orangeberry Hall of Fame Best Non-Fiction Winner and Best Cover Art Winner